Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Sunday, September 6, 2009

How to Find Little Joys

Brandon's email this week was 3 1/2 days late. I still can't figure out the delays. The first photo is of the cinderblock making machine he talked about last week. Then, Brandon described how they ran out of propane to cook with, and he finished cooking his egg on the iron, as shown in the second photo. Ahh, the mother of invention!

August 31, 2009

First off, I hope everyone is having a good week. I do love to hear from everyone and always look forward to emailing.

This week, I've noticed that my companion's and my life are a lot like Shrek and Donkey. I'm Shrek and he's Donkey. He just keeps on talking and singing, and I can't get him to shut up. Other than that, I'm not like an onion. ; D

Last Wednesday, I had a pizza! I enjoyed it so much! Just a plain pepperoni pizza is amazing. Me and two other Elders went in on this pizza. HAPPY DAY!!!

As far as what is happening in the mission, we are no longer allowed to cut our hair very short. We're in one of the hottest countries in the world and we cannot have short hair. On the next note, it's rumored that someone is training in the Caymans. Everyone is not happy about that. Going off island used to be an honor to good missionaries and you had to be at least 6 months out. Apparently not any more.

I also learned how to make a glaze. I tried making some frosting with a recipe my mom gave me. Generally you use powdered sugar, but I don't have any so I tried using regular sugar. When I was whipping the frosting, it was still very chunky, so I tried applying heat to see if I could get the sugar to break down. It didn't, but I did learn that's how they make a glaze like for doughnuts.

On another note, I have found a "replacement" for little Emma in my life. There's a family we're teaching that has a 9 month old daughter. So when she started to cry during a lesson Elder Harris was teaching Sunday, he immediately said, "Elder Huffaker, quiet that baby!" So this is one of my little joys on my mission, although we still can't hold children. :(

Well that's all for this week.

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment