Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 11, 2012: Transfers!

Well from last week, you all know that it's a new transfer, as of today. Well, Saturday we found out that I am staying in this area and my companion is leaving and going to Palmdale. That would be north of Santa Clarita, where I was before here.

I have really enjoyed this time I got to spend with Elder Farnsworth, he is definitely one of my favorite companions. I'm going to miss him. In his place we have your very own Captain Barboza! Elder Barboza is from Peru and has been out about 6 months, making me senior companion for my first time on my mission. Guess I gotta work hard on being a good senior comp.

Well, since he is from Peru, he speaks Spanish, which is his native language. He does not speak fluent English, so we will be doing language study in the mornings before going out. Well I hope all is well at home!

--Elder Huffaker

P.S. from Marilyn:
Cameron also managed to get some photos sent this week. He's been having issues with his camera card, so these are a little late. He sent his birthday cake, and a couple photos of the nighttime skyline. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment