Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Friday, September 21, 2012

August 2012

From August 6, 2012...

For clarification, the baptisms that we went to recently were from the old area of my companion, not me. Sorry.

[Referencing a missionary tradition of burning an item of clothing at major milestone dates of their mission...]Yes, I did burn things, since I never burned a tie at my 6 month mark, I burned a shirt and tie for my year mark. I have a video that I will try to send, I hope it isn't too big.

Also, UPS did attempt to deliver the package once, if you didn't know, and obviously I didn't get it yet. So, I might not get it today either. Things have changed a bit in the mission, and now we are required to drive another set of missionaries who are in bike area. I can sympathize with them for all the rides I got when I was in a bike area. However, that puts us running around today, and not at home ready to receive the package. I'm hoping we can make it back before it does, but I wouldn't count on it.

But on a positive side, as things have changed, President Hall has allowed all missionaries to Skype home on Mothers Day and Christmas. I'm sure you are excited about that. I was able to Skype last Christmas because a family offered for us to do such, but because no one offered on Mothers Day, we couldn't. Now we can ask, as long as it doesn't provide an inconvenience for the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment