Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Monotonous Week

Well, with half of December gone by, things are going pretty slow. I'm even struggling with what to write.

SOOOOOO. It's actually been getting a little chilly at nights. I still sleep with a fan blowing over me, but sometimes when I wake up in the morning, my feet are a little cold. I have to make my own winter down here. :D

Then, on Wednesday, after Elder Vea and I came back from District Meeting, we got pummelled with rain. I mean this was coming down. We rode for no more than 5 minutes between appointments, and we were soaked to the bone. We passed some of the family we were teaching while biking to the appointment; they laughed at us while we laughed at them. They were huddled under a little tarp while we were right in the middle of the downpour.

Then, we had the first wiff of Christmas plans. We're heading to Kingston to play basketball at 9 a.m. on the 24th. Then after some basketball, we will open whatever has been sent to us as gifts. Take some pictures and we're heading home. Then, we get to do our phonecalls on Christmas. I don't know how this will work, since I've never called home after arriving in Jamaica.

Lastly, our branch is having their Christmas Dinner -if you can call it that because of the size of our branch- on the 18th. Elder Vea and I pretty much told the Relief Society pres. to take care of it, since the branch is 95% female.

Well, if you think that sucks for a letter this week, you're right. You better write a letter to the Jamaican government and church HQ telling them to give us something good.

LATER
Elder Huffaker

Brandon sent this photo of the branch in Falmouth, Jamaica last week. Hmm, bet you can pick out Brandon instantly, huh!! -- Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment