Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Sunday, November 14, 2010

wHaT!?

Well, as I'm sure you are all aware. We had a tropical storm/hurricane. So last Monday was prepping for the storm and getting all our supplies. AND WE WAIT.

Wednesday I went into Kingston for a leadership meeting with Pres. Hendricks and the Assistants. It was pretty good, except for the fact that I pretty much sat there all day. Elder Jarman went to Portmore for the day. When I finally got Elder Jarman back and reached Yallahs, it was 7:30 at night, and we left out at 5:00 in the morning. LONG DAY!

Then we had our "storm". Thursday was as quiet as all get out! I've never seen a place in Jamaica so quiet. We couldn't really teach anyone because they would lock themselves in their homes. This storm was supposed to hit Thursday morning, then Thursday afternoon, and then Friday morning. I'm sittin' here thinkin'.... what storm? It just drizzled a little and they got everyone worried about that. Well, I guess you can never really predict these things, better safe than sorry. But I'm still trying to figure out where the storm went.

Apparently it turned into a hurricane after it passed Jamaica and was on it's way to Haiti.

Friday was kinda interesting at our Friday night activity. We had two investigators that came (we had more than two but these two made it interesting) that also happen to be sisters. Well every game we played, I think they were out to get each other. Especially when it came to a water game. They just gave it! It was pretty funny to watch. AWWW Family love!

Lastly for this week. ITS 18 MONTHS!!!! This means I burn a pair of pants! WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Please see photos:

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment