Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Alma 53:20

Hello to everybody! This last week, in the training, Elder Morgan has decided that I got to be senior companion. I got to choose where to go what to do, planning, lessons, the like. Not fun! but I guess it was a good enough experience. However it is now over. We are going back to the way it was.

Unfortunately, as fast as the week went by, we didn't do too much. It has been getting a little cold at night, and the other day, I finally saw my breath! We wear our jackets while riding, which isn't that great because I get all sweaty in it. It does keep me warm, especially on bike at night in the wind!

So, apparently our apartment we are living in is pretty bad on cleanliness. However Elder Morgan and I spent a ton of time cleaning it. It looks much better than it used to, but it still isn't clean enough. Guess we just have to work harder.

On Friday, we had interviews with president, which went fine, although he did talk to me about training soon. Oh no. He said he'd give me at least another transfer, so we'll see how that goes. Also, president e-mails a weekly newsletter sort thing, and in it, he included a scripture he said came to him while interviewing a missionary. That missionary was me. It was a little random, he just popped open his scriptures and said, "this scripture just came to me, I don't know what it says, but the reference just popped into my mind." Well he shared that scripture with ALL the missionaries in the mission, and I was sort of the cause of it. Rather interesting moment. This is what he said in his e-mail. The missionary was me that he was interviewing, although the scripture had nothing to do with what we were talking about.

"This past week as I was doing interviews, a powerful impression came to me to share a particular scripture with a missionary. The impression only told me the verse but not what the verse said. So I opened my Book of Mormon to that particular verse and shared the following with the missionary I was interviewing:

"And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all; they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted." (Alma 53:20)

I guess that was really the only highlight of the week, the work continues and it's been a little more difficult getting in with people.

Darcie is taking drivers ed?!? Wow, now I'm scared. Hope it goes well, but I cant believe that's already happening, Alyssa's turning 17, and it's already November! So what's the cheesecake challenge? I don't remember or think you've told me about that.

So this week we went to an investigators house and watched the Finding Faith in Christ DVD, and were hoping he'd kind of react to that somehow. He still feels that there's nothing more to his life, and he's just hanging in there till he passes on. He is paralyzed from the waist down I think, and can't use his hands. He's actually living in assisted living or something; it's a little different. But there was no reaction from him as far as we can tell, we are not giving up though. The ward is doing great, we just got a new ward mission leader and two new ward missionaries. Hopefully they will all get into their parts and we will be able to work well together! Hope all is well at home!

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment