Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hmmmmmm

Well, I'm not sure exactly what to say this week. Things are going pretty good down here. Yesterday we had interviews with Elder Coleman. They were pretty brief because he had to go interview a bunch of other missionaries all over the island. I don't remember if I mentioned this in a previous email, but Elder Coleman used to live out in Lapwai. I don't know where in Lapwai. He also graduated from WSU. So he's one of the few people I've met that actually knows where I live. Not to mention I'm one of the few people he's met that knows where Lapwai is.

Friday, Elder Gantt and I rearranged our house. We had a little extra time after our weekly planning session, so we moved things around. We made the main room the bedroom and made the bedroom the junk room. Everything that we don't care about basically goes in that room. We also made another giant chocolate chip cookie, again. You'd think we'd learn the first time around that a giant cookie makes you sick, but for some reason it didn't stick with us.

Wednesday we had our district meeting in Negril. Afterwards, Elder Gantt and I went camera shopping since he needs to replace his digital camera. We didn't get anything while we were there, but it was pretty cool to see some of the souvenir shops there. We're going there later today.

Speaking of today, it's Elder Gantt's birthday. As tradition in Jamaica, you flour someone. Usually you flour them in their face. But I didn't. Instead I floured him in the shower this morning. At first he thought it was powdered bleach and wasn't sure what to think. Plus it didn't help that I missed his face. Anyways, so we're going to Negril later today and he's gonna look at getting himself a birthday gift.

Take it easy this week.

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment