Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wrapping Up

WELL, Well, well, here we are again at the start of another transfer, however, this transfer is my final as a missionary. Amazingly, I have a new companion, Elder Madsen. Elder Madsen is tall, taller than me. Don't get too many of those missionaries. Elder Madsen is related to the basketball player. I don't know much about basketball so don't ask me about it. He's also the son of my branch president from the MTC. Elder Madsen is currently 3 month out on his mission (this is his 3rd transfer). He says it's hard to imagine his companion going home. I asked him, well what do you do when you're a brand new missionary - he said think about home. I said it's the same for an old missionary getting ready to.

It's true you start to think about home a little more often. Yet at the same time, I don't want to. I'm perfectly content with where I'm at, yet, the home you remember is back over the ocean. I guess part of it has to do with the fact that I'm not quite sure what to do when I get back....

Also this week, I went on a trade-off with Elder Brough in the Zoneleader's area. I had to do a couple of baptism interviews. Both of them passed. I interviewed a 9-yr-old Justin Dakin and and Grandpa Dakin. The Dakin family is getting the whole family baptized. Sister Dakin was baptized a few weeks before.

With this trade-off, it went three-ways so that there would be an area knowledgeable person in each area. So Elder Snelson got to return to Yallahs for a day. Well, Elder Madsen also got a package from home so when I came back to Yallahs, I come home to find Elder Madsen and Elder Snelson going at it with sweeties! So I joined in. So now our fridge/freezer is half full of sugar loaded goods!

Bro. Archer and Sis. Clark are still preparing for baptism. We have one concern to overcome and I think it will be done with at General Conference.

Nuff tings me hafa do fore me a leave dis place here yazimme!

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment