Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Monday, April 25, 2011

Like I Just Got Sucker Punched in the Stomach

If you are wondering about the title of this email. That's pretty much how I feel whenever I truly think about going home. It hits you like a ton of bricks. It feels like you just got sucker punched in the stomach. It feels like the end of the world is nigh. Going home is something I've been looking forward to, but at the same time, it's almost like something I'm dreading. I have no idea what I'm going to be doing in particular, other than school starts in the fall.

Getting back to Jamaica... this week seemed to fly by. Elder Madsen and I have been tearing it up and having a good time. Working with some good people still. Wish they'd actually do something though.

I went on my final tradeoff on Wednesday. I went with Elder Brough, once again, in Kingston. We did a little souvenir shopping while waiting to tradeback - especially since we go home together. We also went to a dinner appointment that I had to laugh at. The member wasn't expecting me. Elder Emery also showed up with a different companion - Elder Stone - and he wasn't expected either. It was supposed to be a going away party, but not quite what the member expected.

Overall, there's not much to say. The double digit days to the end are now gone. No pictures today... sorry.

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment