Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 8, 2012

Hey everybody.

Well I'm standing next to Elder Grow, and he's coming home soon. Still doesn't know what to do with himself. Tell him hi for me, although he won't be back until the 17th.

We still do a bunch of biking, and the hills are still horrible. Apparently it's supposed to cool off soon so that won't be as bad. We are still trying our best to find people, and it's still going slowly. We met this other guy yesterday, who loves missionaries, loves having them over, feeding, and taking care of them, but refuses to listen to a word of religion. He's still pretty cool, although we most likely won't go over there too often. There are better thing we can be doing with our time. He does actually have 4 working pinball machines that he let us play on for a few minutes. They're pretty cool.

Other than that, most people are friendly, but don't want to listen. Conference was awesome, I have 5 pages of notes from it, (one for each session, although they are each full). It's pretty cool that missionaries can go out sooner. I think this will allow many more missionaries to serve. Personally I probably would have still left when I did, due to money reasons mainly, but I felt that when I left was really the right time for me to go. It fit perfectly with work and other personal affairs, so I wouldn't change that even if I could go at 18.

Other than all that, nothing much else has changed, so I hope all is well at home!

--Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment