Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New week, transferred.... wait what?

October 15, 2012

If you read my subject line, I am getting transferred. Again. For those of you thinking, wait, didn't he JUST get transferred? Yes, yes I did. The reason? Unknown.

As far as I can tell, I'm getting transferred and I'm not supposed to be in this area anymore, and there's somewhere else I'm supposed to be. I had enough time here to get in to biking shape and leave. I have been told that I'm going into a car area, so all that biking and getting in to biking shape, is now unnecessary. Other than the two missionaries going home, I am the only one in our zone who is getting transferred. It kind of sucks, as I would have liked to have stayed longer than just one, and now I need to pack all over again.

Well on the other side, it's always cool to go to a new area, and experience that as well. It will be interesting to have another change of scenery and companion, and I'm having mixed feelings about all of it. Mainly I think I'm just a bit frustrated that I'm going through this all over again. But, if our president feels inspired to put me somewhere else, than that's where I'm supposed to go and I will gladly accept that.

Well, as for the week, unfortunately, we had a dinner appointment on Sunday night, and the members were sick, and so they just made and brought the food to us so we would not get sick. However, that didn't matter. We ended up sick on Tuesday morning. My companion was up at 2 A.M. and had need of the porcelain throne, for both exits. I woke up at 4, feeling horrible, and found out he was in the bathroom. Well he didn't make it out until about 5, and then it was my turn. When we went to bed the night before, we were both feeling just fine, and it hit us the next morning early.

Well that whole day was horrible, and we stayed inside. The only thing I had to eat the entire day was a slice of bread. I had some Gatorade and water to replenish the loss a little bit, luckily after the early morning we had, nothing ended up coming back up.

Then on Wednesday, we decided to stay inside as we did not feel all the way better, and we did not want to spread it. Then on Thursday we had Zone Conference. Luckily we had gotten over what we had so, as far as we know, none of the other missionaries got sick. It was a great zone conference, and our president was super excited about the increase of missionaries with the lowering of the age. naturally the amount of missionaries will spike, and then level out, but he said, and I feel, that it won't go back down all the way, because it allows more people to have the option of a mission. A mission could be a choice of either do this or a mission, and now it makes it much more possible to do both. Especially for sisters.

The other thing he mentioned about it was that with the lowering of the age, it will allow people to segue immediately from high school to a mission, so some of the 18-19 year-olds will not be lost in that waiting period before a mission, after high school. Thus the number of missionaries will increase, and then normal out, but will be higher than what it currently is.

I'm not entirely sure what will happen exactly, but our president is expecting a near double of the amount of current missionaries for approximately two years. He's now preparing the mission to receive an abundance of missionaries. It will be cool to see what happens over the rest of my mission as I will be a part of it for a while. All in all, the conference was great, and afterwards we went to dinner and had to go home after that.

So if you're keeping track, that's: Monday- P-day, Tuesday- Sick, Wednesday- Sick, Thursday- Zone Conference, Friday- District Meeting. Thus making Saturday the only full day of proselyting. And the only time we had to do our weekly planning as weekly planning should be done at the end of the week, so we weren't planning on doing it while we were sick. So this was an interesting week, full of stuff, and now I'm getting transferred, to top it all off.

So basically I got transferred here to get into biking shape, get robbed, get sick, and get out.

--Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment