Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Earthquake!



October 29, 2012

Well this week was quite the week. Elder Wright and I are definitely working hard, as I cannot remember all that happened this last week. We have been doing this lesson with members to have them pray and think of someone they know that they could invite over for a family home evening where we share a spiritual thought (usually a brief L1) and have them invited to learn more. So far we haven't seen anything come from it, but each time we have come up with someone that the family can invite.

Other than that, we do a bunch of tracting which is always an interesting experience. We are also close to dropping a family unfortunately, but we had the prompting recently to go by and so we are going to try by again tomorrow. We also have a potential investigator who happens to know a really awesome member family who lives down the street. They will be accompanying us when we go back this week.

In other news, we experienced an earthquake yesterday at about 8:30. My companion was actually in the bathroom, but I was at my desk studying. For those of you worrying, don't. It was a very small one and shook for about a second or two. There was another one following it that didn't even shake for a second, and was even smaller. It was interesting to experience an earthquake, even though it was a small one. And for those of you who don't know, from my experience, the way it's depicted in the movies, is about what it's like. You hear a rumbling right before it, with no time to do anything really and then this one was a shake back and forth, not up and down, which are the two most common I guess. Now, the rattling noise you usually hear in the movies is just what I heard in our apartment during it. Everyone is fine, nothing happened. No downed lines or poles or trees, all buildings are fine. It was interesting.

--Elder Huffaker


Here's the picture of me with my old companion with the guy who we met at Subway. That was the time I think I told you about how we didn't have a dinner and I had a really big craving for Subway. Well, my companion didn't want Subway, but was willing to go if I wanted to. Well, I didn't want to go just because I was the only one who wanted to go. So I told him either he's getting something, or I'm getting something for him. Reluctantly we went. Well, the guy there noticed we were missionaries, as he had taken the discussions a while ago. Well, he was interested again, and so we gave him the number for the sisters in the ward he lived in, and he called them as soon as he could. This picture is just after his baptism. I didn't get the picture of him with his baptism whites because we were late because the other missionaries we lived with are slow.... But that's the story behind it.

--Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment