Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Monday, February 8, 2010

To Savanna la Mar

Hello everyone, I hope you have all had a good week. Things have been a little crazy here. It's Jamaica of course, sun, humidity and all that other fun stuff.

Well, the big news is yesterday, I found out that I'm being ET'd (emergency transferred) to Sav. They're moving a few other missionaries too. It's not because of problems, but rather (as Elder Rebeiro and I believe) because of convenience. We believe a missionary is coming back from the Bahamas and will be with him, while I go to Sav to be with a fairly new missionary named Elder Goins (Go - ins not like Groin without the r)

Along the past week, I've been doing a lot of travelling. I went to Mobay a couple of times and to Ochi once. I guess that's what happens when your companion is a zone leader.

We've been doing pretty good, we found out that one investigator who has been waiting for a court case to be done the last six months is now able to be baptized. So hopefully that will happen this Saturday. Sad thing is is I won't be here for it.

Other than that, email me about anything you want that I can tell you the answer to. If I don't have the answer, too bad!

Elder Huffaker


P.S. From Marilyn: "Sav," or Savanna la Mar, is located on the western side of Jamaica, on the south coast. It sounds as though this transfer isn't an "emergency", but rather a transfer that just doesn't happen on a regular transfer week.

No comments:

Post a Comment