Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Hole in the Ozone

Okay, I dunno who dun it. But someone decided that it would be the hottest thing in the world to put a hole in the ozone layer right above Jamaica. Never mind the fact that I live on a tropical island. Some person decided that we should turn up the heat a little down there. SOoooooo.... now the fan doesn't give enough of a breeze to keep you cool until a couple hours after dark. You just get drenched in sweat down here. It makes me wonder how I even survived my first summer here, and I'm on round two.

This week has been a really big struggle. Trying to get our retention up, working with less-actives and not to mention our active members. We've been talking with the new branch mission leader and hopefully we can get the members here motivated... again. About this time last year, missionary work was booming here, now it's died down. One thing I do remember is what Pres. Brigham Young said, "whenever I see trials and difficulties and think I'm about ready to give up, I know that blessings are soon to come." or something to that effect.

I kinda hinted at this last week, but one thing Elder Gantt and I like to do is listen to talks and devotionals. I was thinking about a devotional that Neal A. Maxwell gave at BYU titled, "The Inexhaustible Gospel." For truly it is, it's never ending and has no beginning. It keeps moving forward whether we want it to or not.

Elder Huffaker

Sorry I didn't take any pictures this week, I'll try harder next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment