Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Monday, July 19, 2010

In Linstead

Well I am no longer able to see the sea. I'm actually inland for once. The people here in Linstead are really cool. I've met some amazing members already. I do miss a few from Sav, not to mention the terrain. Linstead is very hill as compared to Sav which was really flat.

My new companion is Elder Peterson. He's one transfer behind me in missionary time. He's the second companion I've had that's younger than me. He's also our district leader. Linstead itself isn't very big, but it's still a great place. Since transfers went down, I don't really have much to write about, but I do have pics for y'all. However, I'll have to send 'em to ya later. I can't get the pictures to load onto the computer.

Remember, I love you all and haven't forgotten about you. The church is true and the book is blue. ;)

Elder Huffaker


P.S. from Marilyn:

Brandon shared a little more information about Linstead with me. He said the branch is a good-sized branch, bigger than in Savanna la Mar, and they have their own building. The Falmouth and Lucea branches were dissolved and the members there are now to attend Mobay (Montego Bay) branch. Having served already in Falmouth, Brandon feels that it will probably result in some inactivity for the members, because now they will have to taxi to church, and a lot of those members barely scrape by.

He and his new companion are the only missionaries in Linstead. They bike everywhere, and Brandon is having some bike difficulties, made worse by being in the hills. The next nearest missionaries are in Spanish Town (6), and Elder Peterson is the district leader. Zone conference will be in Kingston (the capital).

No comments:

Post a Comment