Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 2

Well, I know I promised you pictures, but it's still not working. I know there are pictures on my camera. However, when I try to load them on the computer, I can't get them from my camera. Sorry guys :(

This week we had zone conference in Kingston. It was a combined conference with the Kingston and Spain zones. The conference started at 8:00 and we had to wake at 4:30 in order to make it. I was sooooo tired during the conference. It was hard to stay awake. It was still a good conference. After the conference, everyone went to the one Wendy's on the island. That was a twist for me. I guess that's one of the perks of Kingston is that's where all the restaurants from home are located. TGI Fridays, Wendy's, the list goes on.

Thursday's here in Linstead are about the same as in Sav. We are there in the morning time for the employment office. I guess it's the same here as in Sav. It's slowed down a lot.

Elder Peterson is an interesting guy. He's pretty much down with anything, but he's very subtle. Take it from me, there is no way that he could ever be a guy cheerleader. He is very toned down. Doesn't say much and doesn't show much emotion. He almost has a monotone when he speaks. Like he feels emotion, but just doesn't show it.

Right now, we're planning on doing a fireside here to help move missionary work along. It kinda reminds me of back home. We get into this little valley of relaxation thinking we've done our part or done enough. Truth is, we're never done. What happens when you die and reach the Spirit World, you're doing missionary work. ITS INEVITABLE!

So help out the local elders, give away a Book of Mormon today!

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment