Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Monday, February 14, 2011

What a gwon?

So district meeting this last Wednesday was very good. First of all, I made a pineapple upside down cake - I haven't made one since Sav. I brought the cake which was to be part of the lesson. I used an object lesson that Elder Boyd K. Packer used when he was a mission president. I talked about how the gospel is sweet and desirable. But when we take it with out hand and throw it at investigators, they don't want it and neither does anyone else. I threw the first piece at Elder Brough. The reaction was perfect. Then you dish out the cake and everyone wants it. The pictures are of our district - Elder Brough is sitting in the back/middle and later turned around with the yellow stain from where the cake hit him.
Thursday I had an interesting experience where for a while I lost my sunglasses. I left them in the taxi on the way to Morant Bay. Somehow - miracle - we got the same taxi for the ride back and there they were sitting on the back seat where I sat on the way over.

Saturday brings my next amazing experience. The Lord is always preparing people. When we missionaries don't find them, they find us. We met a man that is truly down on his luck. He's from Santa Rose California and moved to Jamaica and has been living here the last 5 years. He was truly humble and we immediately gave him a Book of Mormon and committed him to read it. We are following up ASAP. We never know who the Lord has prepared or where they are.

Elder Huffaker

1 comment:

  1. Hi! We are the Gardner's from Star Valley, and came across your blog from the Schaefermeyer's blog. How nice it is to see your son's pictures and read about his mission experiences. Our son, Elder Gardner, is also serving in the Jamaica Kingston Mission. Hope that all continues to go well with your missionary.
    -The Gardner's

    ReplyDelete