Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Monday, January 31, 2011

How You Know

This week, I have nothing new to really write about. So, I thought I'd take the time to explain how you know when a missionary is getting old.

First off: You know a missionary is getting old when the he passes 18 months and is on the last 6 months of his mission (October 3)

Second: You know a missionary is getting old when he starts reading the Doctrine and Covenants backwards to start his countdown (I just finished Section 93 today)

Third: You know a missionary is getting old when he starts having dreams about going home rather than missionary work (These aren't day dreams)

Fourth: You know a missionary is getting old when he starts leaving decisions up to his companions (It's happening more and more)

Fifth: You know a missionary is getting old when he starts asking other missionaries what their plans are for returning home (I got none)

Sixth: You know a missionary is getting old when he gets a phonecall in the middle of emailing asking where the closest airport is to your home (I just got it a few minutes ago)

Seventh: You know a missionary is getting old when the collars of his shirts start fraying (Mine have been doing that for a while)


Sorry I've got no pics, but I'll try and get some next week
Elder Huffaker

P.S. if you want to add more to the list, feel free

No comments:

Post a Comment