Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Transfer 13

Well, as of today I am officially on transfer 13.

Elder Wright is getting transferred and so I will be getting a new companion. I will be staying here in the Solemint ward. With the Mint Canyon missionaries that live with us, one of them is leaving - Elder Wells. So Elder Muhlstein, who was my companion at one time, is staying there. This will be his last transfer.

There is a slight possibility, so don't count on it, but they could combine our areas. They used to be combined while I was in Canyon Country 1st Ward, and it could happen again. Not likely though, and so you'll just have to wait until next Monday as the transfer meeting is tomorrow. I will let you know though.

Well, for news about the area, Elder Wright and I hadn't felt that the area was building a whole lot. However, when looking back at the last two transfers, we had 1 investigator at the beginning, and now we have 7. That's a much better number to have. We are also looking at having 1 or 2 more here soon. We'll see. I want you all to know that I am grateful for my time here with Elder Wright. He has been a great companion, and he has taught me plenty. I know it sometimes seems like the more experienced missionary doesn't want to learn from the younger missionary, but there is always something to learn from everybody. After all, most times we are teaching someone older than us. It has been a great 12 weeks with him. In fact, this last week we have probably taught the most lessons in a week than we ever have. We are happy about that.

I hope to continue building this area and teaching the people we have with my new companion. Hope all is well at home!
--Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment