Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More New News...

Wow! Things are blowing by so fast and lots of things are happening. Where do I begin?

First off, Wednesday, Elder Peterson and I received quite the surprise. During the middle of District Meeting, our phone rings. We have certain ringtones for certain people. Helps us know how "urgent" it is. This one was President Hendricks. He asked if we were in District Meeting... yes. Ok, I'm on my way to Linstead to interview you Elders. WHAT!?! Talk about last minute. We just looked at each other with wide eyes. It's kinda interesting really. President Hendricks announced that he was only going to interview us once a quarter. It hasn't been a quarter yet.... somethings up. My interview was pretty normal, but Elder Peterson said his interview with President was about me. What he thought of me and so on. No news yet for the cause, but we suspect somethings going on in the works for me.

Then, Thursday I tried a new dish again. Sister Davis is pretty good about feeding us more than just fried chicken with rice and peas. This week we had... pig skin. Now, I know what some of you are thinking. "WHO eats pig skin?" Well, it's actually pretty good. A bit on the chewy side, however. It basically tasted like bacon - which doesn't exist down here. Normally I prefer my bacon crunchy. So from going to a crunch to extra chewy was.... interesting.

Last week I mentioned the plan to travel to Kingston. Yesterday we met in Kingston for a mission conference. I'm very glad that we got a ride from the Ochi Elders. I hate traveling. So, we listened to President and Sister Hendricks as well as Elder and Sister Anderson. President Hendricks went over 8 steps that all missions are supposed to be incorporating to better use Preach My Gospel. Elder Anderson went over the something remarkable. He talked about loving and serving God with our minds, hearts, and souls. He went on to explain the difference between these three things and how to use them. First: your mind. You have to understand something. Hence, why missionaries are to study for 2 hours every day. Second: your heart. This is your desire to do something and to be able to have the Holy Ghost testify to you. Third: your soul. Becoming what you understand and know to be true. Changing your life!

This morning, Elder Peterson and I made the trip to Portmore to play some inter-zone basketball. It was really fun and actually stayed pretty cool. Didn't have too much sun down there and thankfully no rain. It was really nice.

Next week. I will once again be emailing on Tuesday. Transfers are on Monday. So we will be getting the phone calls either Saturday or Sunday Night. So I look forward to hearing from you on Tuesday.

Elder Huffaker

P.S. from Marilyn:
"Ochi" refers to Ocho Rios, a town on the north shore of Jamaica.

No comments:

Post a Comment