Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Saturday, September 25, 2010

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

(Brandon's letter from September 13th)
WHEW! A lot has happened.

First off, I got a taste of Starfruit. It's like eating an apple, it has a core. It's yellow-green (more on the yellow) in color. It only looks like a star when you look down the core of the fruit. However, it tasted really good.

Secondly, Elder Hoffman and I were invited to go with the zone leaders out to Port Royale. (there are more pictures than this, but these are some of my choice) It was really fun and interesting to see Fort Charles. I didn't know this, but Port Royale has been hit by earthquakes twice! Anyway, it was a blast!

Wednesday, we had our first zone meeting in over a year. It was okay, we watched some new Preach My Gospel videos and practiced. It was good to see who all is in my zone though.

Thursday was another interesting experience. I had ants living in my mattress. So I notified the mission office. They sent me another mattress on Thursday. However, when the office Elders came to drop it off, it was raining and we were halfway across our area. So we tried to convince them to come pick us up... to no avail. Instead they said they were going to go run some other errands. When we finally made it home, we see them there reclined in their vehicle. OHHHHH I was a little miffed that they weren't doing anything at all and could have picked us up and made everything better for everyone.

Friday, after our weekly planning session, Elder Walker and I were picked up to got to the doctor's office. Elder Walker was getting his back checked out. We got there at one-o-clock. They finally called him back at about 3:45! I'm just sittin' there readin' my BoM away. I mean, yeah there were about 10 people there when we got there, but still. WOW!

Friday night the zone leaders came to stay the night. six elders in a four elder house with only four mattresses and one is a bunk bed. So we put three mattresses together with five elders on. Elder Walker lucked out and got the lone mattress on the top of the bunk. The zone leaders were checkin' on our planning and study sessions making sure we're taking the correct amount of time and doin' all the right things.

Saturday morning the zone leaders left and I was on tradeoff once again with Elder Hoffman while Elder Walker went to Portmore with Elder Branson to check how their area was doin'.

Lastly, we have a bit of a mouse problem in the house. Sooooo. KILLING SPREE!!! This is number three killed with at least 2 more to go.

Love
Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment