Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Monday, December 27, 2010

What Week?

(Brandon's letter from December 6, 2010)

Since last week, different things have been happening.

First off, Our district meeting was a companionship short. The zone leaders went to zone leader council, so we it was a little quieter in district meeting, but I think it was still a good district meeting. The Flakes, who is the senior couple in our district, gave us missionaries 150 dollars credit at a local members shop. So I bought a huge pineapple and I'll show you how we eat them down here! Then, I got a phone call from Elder Daniels. He's the branch president, in case you forgot. He asked me to call home! WHAT!!! Call Home! you gotta be kidding me. Well it was on church business. I need a fax from my bank back home for a bank down here. It's turned out to be a real hassle.

Then, about two months ago, I mentioned one of our members that grows orchids and gave us some. Well she gave us more and then I saw that some of them weren't growing in pots at all! They were growing in coconut husks! So I had to get a picture of that. How often do you see plants growing in plants?
Finally, today we had a zone basketball in Portmore. That's why I'm emailing so late today. But we had a good time.

Merry Christmas
Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment