Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coincidence? I think not!

Well, another year has come and gone. But before the new year arrived, we had transfers on Wednesday. Elder Snelson and I stayed here in Yallahs, so nothing special there. It was just 3 full proselyting days back to back. It feels weird when we proselyte on Wednesday mornings instead of meetings and I dislike not being involved in transfers. Not that being with Elder Snelson is bad, it's just so fun with the moving around of missionaries and all.

Wednesday night we have a study night at the church. We read from the Book of Mormon and talk about what it contains. Well, afterwards, I thought I'd be nice and give Jamaicans a little taste of America! I brought mom's poppyseed bread over and gave those who attended a slice. Ever since then They've been asking me, "When are you gonna get some more. Tell your mom to send more! We want the recipe!" Yeah, I like it too.

New Years Eve isn't anything special to us missionaries. In fact, I think every 6 months in our mission is more important! I dropped asleep before midnight even rolled around. Not like I'm really doing anything to keep me awake either.

Elder Snelson received his Christmas package a little late, but that's ok. It was what was inside. Somehow we both received ties for Christmas from the same company with the same design only a different color. Check the pics!

Elder Huffaker
P.S. from Marilyn:

I'm actually shocked that Brandon shared the poppy seed bread. He loves it so much, I thought it would be a stretch to give just his companion a slice! It's definitely a family favorite.

Also, he forwarded some mission group photos to me, from the Christmas Eve gathering in Kingston, so I am posting those as well. Can you find him? He's near the center, and one of the 3 missionaries standing between the back row and the second row from the back. (Clear as mud, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment