Elder Huffaker

Elder Huffaker

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

February 27, 2012

Not much happened this week, we went by more referrals, more less actives, which seems to be all we are doing lately. Still workin hard.

We were able to attend a baptism for another ward in our stake that we knew the person and they started teaching her about the beginning of this month. She was completely ready. Before they started teaching her she was already going to church and reading the Book of Mormon.

My companion has been depressed because he hasn't gotten a single baptism on his mission, nobody he' ever taught has been baptized. I told him and others are telling him you never know what seeds you plant and it's not about how many baptisms you get. Well he still complains, but it doesn't do anything for him. Oh well, one day when he has a baptism and is really excited for a while he will eventually see that it isn't all about baptisms, but bringing souls to Christ. It probably also has something to do with the fact that this area is really slow. He has gotten a lot of inspirational words from people and even our president.

Anyway, I have found recently that it has been difficult getting to sleep at night. We are out working and when we come home I'm tired, but sleep just doesn't come. One solution was to read until I'm tired or fall asleep. As such, I have begun reading the Bible. Including the Old Testament. That'll put me to sleep right?

Anyway, the work is still going and I hope everything goes well with all of you!

Elder Huffaker

No comments:

Post a Comment